Selected Journal Articles
- Electoral competition, the EU issue and far-right success in Western Europe. Political Behavior. (with Roi Zur)
- The affective model of far-right vote in Europe: Anger, political trust and immigration. Social Science Quarterly, 103(3): 635-648. https://doi.org/10.1111/ssqu.13153 (with Cengiz Erisen)
- Emotions and domestic vote choice. Journal of Elections, Parties and Public Opinion, 32(3): 635-654. (with Markus Wagner)
- Linking two levels of governance: Citizens’ trust in domestic and European institutions over time. Electoral Studies, 70, 102289. (with Liisa Talving)
- How political ideology drives anti-consumption manifestations. Journal of Business Research, 128: 61-69. (with Fabien Pecot and Matteo Cavallaro)
- Does politicisation matter for EU representation? A comparison of four European Parliament elections. Journal of Common Market Studies 59(3): 661-678 (with Katjana Gattermann)
- Brexit and the 2019 EP Election in the UK. Journal of Common Market Studies, 58(S1): 80-90.
- Emotional reactions to immigration and support for EU cooperation on immigration and terrorism. Journal of European Public Policy, 27(6): 795-813. (with Cengiz Erisen and Cigdem Kentmen-Cin)
- Poor versus rich countries: a gap in public attitudes towards fiscal solidarity in the EU. West European Politics, 43(4): 919-943. (with Liisa Talving)
- Opportunity or threat? Public attitudes towards EU freedom of Movement. Journal of European Public Policy, 26(3): 805-823. (with Liisa Talving)
- British public opinion on Brexit: Controversies and contradictions. European Political Science, 18(1): 134-142. (with Liisa Talving)
- Negotiation versus Brexit: The question of the UK’s constitutional relationship with the EU. Journal of Common Market Studies, 57(3): 486-501. (with Dan Keith)
- Breaching the social contract: crises of democratic representation and patterns of extreme right-wing party support. Government and Opposition, 53(1): 26-50. (with Daphne Halikiopoulou)
- The party politics of Euroscepticism in times of crisis: the case of Greece. Politics, 38(3): 311–326.
- Fear, anger and enthusiasm about the EU: Effects of emotional reactions on public preferences towards European integration. European Union Politics, 18(3): 382–405. (with Markus Wagner)
- UK Euroscepticism and the Brexit referendum, Political Quarterly Special issue on Britain and the European Union edited by Menon, A., Minto, R. and Wincott, D., 87(2): 219-227.
- Absent yet popular? Explaining news visibility of Members of the European Parliament. European Journal of Political Research, 54(1): 121-140. (with Katjana Gattermann)
- Greece in crisis: austerity, populism and the politics of blame. Journal of Common Market Studies, 52(2): 388–402. (with Daphne Halikiopoulou and Theofanis Exadaktylos)
- Support for the far right in the 2014 European Parliament Elections: a comparative perspective. Political Quarterly, 85(3): 285–288.
- The civic Zeitgeist: nationalism and liberal values in the European radical right. Nations and Nationalism, 19(1): 107-127. (with Daphne Halikiopoulou and Steven Mock)
- Continuity and change in the study of Euroscepticism: plus ça change? Journal of Common Market Studies, 51(1): 153–168.
- Matching policy preferences: the linkage between voters and MEPs. Journal of European Public Policy, 20(40): 606-625. (with Katjana Gattermann)
- In the Shadow of Grexit: The Greek Election of 11 June 2012. South European Society and Politics, 18(4): 523-542. (with Daphne Halikiopoulou)
- The paradox of nationalism: the common denominator of radical right and radical left Euroscepticism. European Journal of Political Research, 51(4): 504-539. (with Daphne Halikiopoulou and Kyriaki Nanou)
- Making Sense of Greek Austerity. Political Quarterly, 83(4): 777-785. (with Chris Rogers)
- European integration and the radical right: Three patterns of opposition. Government and Opposition, 46(2): 223-244. Included in the journal’s most cited articles in 2013. [article also included in Mudde, C. (ed.) (2017) The populist radical right: A reader, Oxon: Routledge].
- Towards a ‘civic’ narrative: British National identity and the transformation of the BNP. Political Quarterly, 81(4): 583-592. (with Daphne Halikiopoulou)
- Varieties of Euroscepticism: the case of the European extreme right. Journal of Contemporary European Research, 5 (1): 3-23.